The penultimate day...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
November 3rd 2016
Published: July 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Everyone wanted to go shopping today as everyone had left it last minute to get gifts to bring home to friends and family. I had some great fun in the Nintendo store playing the new Zelda and Mario Kart 8, I think a few people were a little annoyed that we spend so much time in there. This took most of the morning and once completed I suggested we spend the rest of the afternoon walking through Central Park. I thought it would be a great idea to try and walk the whole way through Central Park, needless to say this was a terrible idea (everyone really should have stopped listening to me at this point!) especially since we all had loads of shopping bags to carry around! It too nearly 3 hours to get halfway through the park and at this point we decided that it would now be best to head back. There were some fantastic views in the park and it did not really feel like we were still in New York, it was only the massive sky scrapers that reminded you that we were still in a massive city.



After depositing the shopping bags back at the hotel we took a trip to the street market that we had passed through a couple of evenings before. There were some excellent food stalls with a whole variety of different foods to choose from. I had always wanted to try lobster and I bought myself a lobster roll which was excellent. Jake and I also bought some mini flavoured donuts which were also very good. Harv wanted to see whether we would have any further luck ice skating this evening so we went back to the Rockefeller centre. Unfortunately it was still unavailable so we went to look for the closest pub which big surprise was another Irish bar. By this point I was pretty much all beered out by this point and I felt pretty flat by this point, which ironically was how the beer tasted as well. Everyone else appeared to be in the same boat, we had all been worn down by 3 weeks of drinking, eating and walking and this was 1 night too far. We only had the one beer and then headed back to the hotel, it was one any only night to have the double bed myself which was nice!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb