New York City - Back in North America!


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
June 11th 2017
Saved: August 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

This is a happening place and many roads are closed for the activities to celebrate Puerto Rico Day. Strolling to Times Square, the temperature soars to 35 degree C. Two semi-naked women are painted in the stripes and stars of the American flag as we pass by.

Chris goes seeking information regarding tickets to the Come From Away musical, but is informed that you must line up at 3 am to purchase any remaining seats. He stops at the 9/11 memorial to view the two square openings where water falls and individuals names surround the structure. Below is a mall where the hustle and bustle is a daily reminder that even after tragedy, life goes on.

Following breakfast, we head down to Broadway. At Macy's, the worlds largest department store, the doors remain closed due to a fire within, and many shoppers are gathered outside hoping for the doors to open. Across the street is a Desigual store with a sale sign, and so we enter. There are continuous sirens and horns sounding all over this busy city 24 7.

New York is a vibrant place where there are endless things to see and do. Fortunately we have been here previously, and been able to visit landmarks, museums, and shows.

Chris laments the Yankees are not in town and the Mets are playing the Cubs but timing just doesn't work. Another day perhaps.

We will always find a way to come back to New York.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb