LA 87 degrees ... Boston 32 degrees


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 15th 2015
Published: April 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After dropping back the camper van to Los Angeles we opted to stay in a motel close to the airport as we were catching a flight to Boston next day. Well, the small motel was directly under the flight path and we were wondering how we would sleep. If the motel had a second floor the landing planes wheels would have knocked off the chimney. Saying that we survived as the night flights stopped at midnight but started again at five pm.

Fran was stopped at LA airport security as the scanner showed traces of explosives on her hands. She was swabbed but the result was negative. Fran is explosive in other ways.

We left LA behind in sunshine, blue sky and 87 degrees, landed in Boston, grey sky and 32 degrees Fahrenheit. There was snow on the ground and a frost in the air. Bloody freezing !!!!!
We were used to temps in the 80s. This was a shock to the system, we had to wear fleeces for the first time since we left London, 3 months ago.
Boston was a nice, quaint, British like city and we stayed a couple of nights there, went up the Prudential Building to gaze at the view over Boston skyline and listen to jazz music whilst supping a drink or two Very nice.
After Boston we stayed with a friend in Cape Cod. This part was a nice picturesque area of Massachusetts with quaint towns and residences. Again snow was still there as they had had 104 inches of snow.

We also drove up to Maine and stayed with our Boston friend's family for a night on the edge of a lake, deep in the forest. This place was in the outback and they too had had alot of snow and the lake was still frozen. Had a great time and sampled typical American hospitality.

Our final stop was New York. We decided to take the Greyhound bus from Boston to New York. Only took 4 hours and we got to see more of the eastern parts of USA.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1014.7kb