World Cities Tour - Spring Break Edition - Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 12th 2014
Published: April 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast (Not at Tiffanys)Breakfast (Not at Tiffanys)Breakfast (Not at Tiffanys)

Asked the doorman for the closest place to get breakfast.. he told us to turn around, and there it was! We almost missed breakfast we slept in so late, they were changing the menus as we ordered.
Day 2 – Uptown New York

After a refreshing night’s sleep we headed out to explore NYC. Breakfast was easy to come by across the street from our hotel. Afterwards we headed to Broadway to see if we could snag some tickets to Matilda. We ended up with some nice tickets to a matinee. While we waited for the musical we headed out on the subway to the north end of central park. Michelle was able to discover how the subway makes the ground vibrate and even found some rocks to scramble across.

Matilda was a great show and we highly recommend it to anyone headed out to NY. After the show we walked by the stage door and Michelle got to meet the 10 year old actress who played Matilda. She was very nice and personable and gave Michelle a hug.

Afterwards we grabbed some NY pizza and headed to the Empire States Building. Without too much line time we were able to get to the observation deck on the 68th floor. We all enjoyed looking at the skyline. Michelle and Tony enjoyed looking over the edge of the building and making Anne nervous.

By that
Life's a scrambleLife's a scrambleLife's a scramble

Especially when you are 10. Leave it to Michelle to find easily accessible rocks to climb on in New York (Central Park)
point we were all ready to head back to the hotel. Fortunately, our path took us past the American Girl Doll store and Michelle took some time to get a few outfits for her doll. Dinner in and a bit of down time rounded out our day. Tomorrow we head out to see Lady Liberty and Ellis Island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Why Build a FortWhy Build a Fort
Why Build a Fort

When you can just hike to one. Another special find by Michelle, who was the one who insisted we climb the hill and the stairs in NW Central park.
BroadwayBroadway
Broadway

We were happy to find a broadway show we all can enjoy.
Great SeatsGreat Seats
Great Seats

We were just to the left of center, with the main aisle in front of us that the actors used to go on and off. Sssshh.. we weren't really supposed to take this shot of the Tony award winning set.
Tradition ContinuedTradition Continued
Tradition Continued

What does our family do when we go to a tall monument... UPWARDS SELFIE!!!
Room ServiceRoom Service
Room Service

We were too tired to go find somewhere to eat, so we ordered some yummy room service.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb