NEW YORK AT CHRISTMAS


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
January 3rd 2014
Published: January 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We have been to New York many times before but never at xmas so we had to fulfill that dream!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



17th January 2014

Beautiful photos
Would love to hear more about what you are doing and your impressions.
18th January 2014

hi!!
We have always wanted to visit NY at xmastime and finally this year, we made it! We love visiting European cities and towns during this time of the year because Europe is so beautifully decorated and the atmosphere is more than excellent. We have been 12 days in NY, the weather was fantastic the first week then we went through the winter storm Hercules and spent such a great time taking pics with the whole city covered in snow. In spite of the bone chilling cold, we wont forget the experience! We have to say that visiting touristic places cant be a real nightmare...so be patient if you want to see the famous Rockefeller xmas tree for instance. We have been to a lot of restaurants during all our trips and we can definitely say NY is very pricey for the meal you get. We are Spanish, we have a wonderful gastronomy in our country and very affordable. We didnt dare to see the ball drop in New Years Eve at Times Square. If you want to see it, you must be right there at 2 or 3pm and wait until midnight. Bear in mind that it's not allowed to return to your spot if you leave it in order to get some food or go to the toilet. Be dressed for the weather with extra layers, you wont be able to wear a bag or bagpack. We wanted to avoid the crowds so we spent the end of the year staring at the beautifu skyline on Manhattan in Brooklyn. We send you a huge hug from Spain!!! Have a wonderful day!!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 14; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb