New York City - Manhattan - Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 18th 2012
Published: August 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The beginning of our journey to NYC was uneventful with a flight from Jackson to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Newark after a short layover. Arriving in Newark, I began to look for the Airtrain, but then found and took the newark Airport Express service for $16 per person (cash only). We considered that to be a good deal for a 45 minute bus trip into the city center. The final stop was at Bryant Park. There is a subway station at Bryant Park (Orange Line). If we had taken the subway, the next station to the north would be about a block from our hotel, Club Quarters-Manhattan. However, we decided to hoof it, with our luggage in tow and enjoyed absorbing the sights and sounds of the city during our 10 minute walk to the north. Our check-in a Club Quarters was quick and easy and our room was a corner room that was larger than many that I have previously experienced in NYC. There was no view, well, a view of concrete and heat/air units, so we didn't gaze much at the "view". A much better scene was a few steps out the front door where we could see the international flag display at Rockefeller Center.

Advertisement



18th August 2013
Flags @ Rockefeller Center

The Flags
Very nice photo
29th August 2013
Flags @ Rockefeller Center

The flags
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the flag photo!

Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb