East Coast USA Day 30


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 18th 2011
Published: November 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tiffanys Awaits




It's our last tourist day in NYC and we don't want it to end as we head out again on the subway, first stop The Sex Museum..... well that was interesting to say the least, very explicit and interesting, had that, i just gotta look at it thing about it. We make our way to Tiffany's on 5thAvenue and we see people lined up at the Apple store for the new Apple Iphone and not faraway we see the protesters, we find Tiffany'snd I can't believe I'm finally here, 5 levels and I'm in heaven!

We leave Tiffany's with little blue bags, and head towards Central Park, we sit at the entrance and notice a Nets Mascot out the front, we see 3 young men come out of the Park, one is carrying an Ipod dock on his shoulder, it took us back to the 80's when the young kids used to carry around boom boxes, anyway, all of a sudden the one with the dock walks over and places the dock on the ground near the Mascot and pushes play and then the 3 guys & the mascot start to dance to the music, then all of a sudden the Nets cheer squad appear from nowhere and start dancing, it was fantastic and once the music had finished they picked up there jackets and walked away, we were so glad we witnessed such impromptu entertainment!

We decide to head down to the Pier to try and catch a ferry tour to Ellis Island and unfortunately we miss out and decide to take a lovely stroll along the Marina, we stop at the U.S.S Intrepid which is permanently moored and open to the public, Steve hops on board for a tour while I sit on a park bench and people watch.

We catch the bus back to Times Square and do a little more shopping, and enjoy our last day as tourists in this wonderful City! We have dinner at Red Lobster, the food and Service are fantastic. We now hit the subway with sadness in our hearts knowing that tomorrow we start our journey back to Australia. Weather......... Cool

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb