New York November 11-14, 2010

United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 3rd 2011
Published: October 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 3: Saturday, November 13th, 2010

The next day, Renata and I went on the NBC studio tour. We saw the set displays for Saturday Night Live, the Dr. Oz show and the Daily News. It was interesting to learn how they use camera tricks and angles to make small spaces appear larger on television. All the NBC studios we saw were a lot smaller than how they appeared on television. At the Daily News studio, we got the chance to pretend to be news anchors. Renata volunteered to be the weather girl from the Daily News. It was really funny watching her read the weather report from the teleprompter while moving her arms up and down on the green screen, trying to point to the right city. We were all cracking up ;-).

Next Renata and I went on the "Top of the Rock" observation deck on top of Rockefeller Center, and we got some great pictures of NYC.

After Rockefeller Center we went on a tour of the Radio City Music Hall. We got to meet a Rockette, see a bit of their Christmas spectacular and learn about the amazing hydraulic elevator stage. All in all it was a great tour ;-)

We then headed off to Madame Tussauds to be with the stars. I took a picture with my friend Candy's favourite quarterback, Peyton Manning. We also took pictures with the president of the United States, Oprah, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, the Spice Girls, and the Pope, all under one roof. Too bad they were all wax figures ;-)

After Madame Tussauds we headed off on a Circle Line cruise of New York City. Even though it was cold, I could not stop taking pictures of the enchanting New York City at night.

Our last stop was the King Tut Exhibit which held many of the artifacts that were found in King Tut's tomb. There was also a video revealing how they determined the paternal anchestry of Tutankhamun.

We finally headed off for dinner at Appleby's and then headed off to our hotel for a much needed sleep and to prepare for the drive back to Toronto tomorrow morning.

Day 4: Sunday, November 14th, 2010

On the way to the bus station to catch the Greyhound back to Toronto, we got stuck on the Subway. There was a problem with the subway line we were on, so we had to take a detour. We eventually made our bus just in the nick of time. Our ride to Toronto was pretty good until we reached the US/Canadian border. We waited over 3 hours to cross the border (Apparently there was a hockey and football game going on at the same time and people were on their way home). Nevertheless, we got to see the spectacular firework display above Niagara Falls. We eventually reached home, which marked the end of a great trip to the fabulous city of New York ;-)

Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Tot: 0.686s; Tpl: 0.058s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb