More from New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 14th 2009
Published: April 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

New York at Night!New York at Night!New York at Night!

New York, as seen from the Empire strikes back building
Hi and thanks to everyone who has been following and commenting on the blog!!!!!
To stay in touch we have been in internet cafe's all over the world! I think some of the global gossip internet cafe's in new Zealand relied on us.
Oh and please,please,please stay in touch my email is hannah@heleniles.co.uk because I wont be opening the blog UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!! (I wish)

This blog is about New York and our time with Dan, Sarah and Cerys in London.
New York
You can see the statue of Liberty from Manhattan Island but it just looks like a small old statue but when we went to the island it stood there tall and proud like an oasis in the middle of this big loud and tough city, but I quite like the loudness and toughness of New York!

The Natural history museum was very interesting. I like the dinosaur skeletons and the mammoth skull and the model of the blue whale.....now there's something we didn't see on our trip around the world.

Oh brilliant! we lost the blog camera AGAIN! WE have lost it three times travelling, first in the Himalayas, then we left it in a
MOMAMOMAMOMA

Mum's arty shot of Jackson Pollocks work.
cafe in Bali, and THEN we left it between a dinosaurs legs in the Natural History Museum - in the middle of New York. There was a one in a million chance that it would be handed in. Thank you to that lovely honest person that handed it in. Dad had to show them the pictures on it to prove it was ours - releasing Mr. Myfyr in Pemuteran did the trick.

Oh and Mr Jones, you know in class last term we were doing a project on the Three Musicians by Pablo Picasso, if I wanted to I could have touched it in the Museum of Modern Art. I saw lots of Andy Warhol's work, and I saw one of the Waterlily Pictures by Monet, it was very colourful.

Olivers bit about Stomp:
It was awesome! It was in a tiny theatre, and we were right at the top, it felt like we were on a cliff. It was noisier than Mum's samba. I liked it because the stage and instruments were made out of bashed rubbish.

Hannah again:
The Guggenhiem museum building itself was nicer than some of the pictures in it. (Dad fell in
Statue of LibertyStatue of LibertyStatue of Liberty

We were so close - and the statue is massive!
love with a blank canvas??????) but most of the pictures were really amazing!!.

It was a long tiring flight to London, but it was almost empty. I had a whole row of four seat to sleep on, it was the first time time ever. In London we went on the Millennium Eye. Our carriage was made out of glass, so we saw the Gurkin, Big Ben, St. Paul's Cathedral. There were statues of angels all around it.

The best thing about getting to London was meeting up with Dan Sarah, and baby Cerys. Cerys our new cousin was only 16 days old when we left, and is now nearly 4 months old. She is really cute, and she has got more hair than Uncle Dan.

The underground in London was a lifesaver, because you could go anywhere you wanted , whenever you wanted, and the trains were only 2 minutes apart.

Being back in school has been a bit of a surprise. having to listen, do what your told when you are told to, and get up in the morning.

Thanks once again for following the blog, and leaving kind messages. So SEE YA till
Time Square..Time Square..Time Square..

Just in TIME to buy our tickets for STOMP!!
next time!!!!!

Love Hannah, Oliver, Helen & Ian


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Top of the WorldTop of the World
Top of the World

The Millennium Eye, on a sunny, and rainy day. We could see most of London
Big BenBig Ben
Big Ben

We walked out of Westminster tube station and bumped into Big Ben!


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb