Longview,WA to New York, NY


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
March 26th 2009
Published: April 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

John and I drove up to Seattle yesterday (March 25th) and parked our car at a friend's house in Dash Point. Then David picked us up and drove us to the Red Lion Inn at the airport where we checked in for the night. The three of us (John, David, and I) then went out to dinner at the 13 Coins restaurant. We enjoyed having the time to visit with David, our son, who lives in West Seattle.
Early the next morning, at Sea Tac Airport, Brian Mitchell and the school bus load of Mark Morris singers plus a few other singers, who got up extra early to leave from Longview, arrived. We all gathered at the American Airlines area to get tickets, check in baggage, and go through security. Our group consisted of Brian Mitchell (our leader/director) and his Mark Morris choir singers, several parent chaperones, and a small part of the Columbian Choral Ensemble plus spouses. We got organized and had plenty of time to go through security (the line moved quickly). Then everybody made sure they had breakfast before boarding the plane. Upon take off we could see clearly Mt Rainier all covered with snow and beautiful in the morning sun.
We arrived at JFK Airport at 3:50 pm, New York time, and were bussed into Manhattan to the Grand Hyatt Hotel right next door to Grand Central Station. Checking in and getting our rooms was confusing as we were not the only 250 voice choir of Carnegie Hall singers staying at the Grand Hyatt. Eventually, it was all sorted out and we settled into our 22nd floor room, went down to the lobby for a small (and expensive) dinner, and went back up to collapse in our room. Traveling from Longview, WA. to New York, NY is an exausting all day affair.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Theme of decor in the lobbyTheme of decor in the lobby
Theme of decor in the lobby

Bird house, Bird's nest and cherry blossoms - Early Spring


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb