NYC


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 30th 2008
Published: April 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=G0K1lgOHBcw][youtube=Rch6Alcfol4][youtube=kVvge3ZxWt0]
Mmmmm PizzaMmmmm PizzaMmmmm Pizza

This was at Liberto's(??) in Little Italy - the first pizza joint in Manhattan apparently. Spent a couple of hours warming up and listening to Deano and Frankie.
Hi guys,

Went to 'BB Kings House of Blues' Sunday night - very cool 😊

Had a rainy day Monday, and a slow start. Scored cheap tickets to 'Chicago!' then went on the HoponHopoff bus down to Little Italy , China town and Ground zero.

Did a bit of shopping at Century 21 (got some jocks and a shirt - I left both my shirts I'd brought over in the wardrobe of our room in Vegas - Doh!!) - super cheap store. They had stuff like $1500 Hugo Boss suits for $400bucks etc.

Went and Saw Chicago, which was really good, and had some funny moments and awesome singing voices. Had a late 'Chinese Take-out' dinner back at the hotel room.

Tuesday saw us heading down to the Ellis Island Ferry, which took us over to Liberty Island for a look at the Statue of Liberty. There were HEAPS of French people over there checking it out. We got on our first Subway ride to get there, and ended up using it all day and night. It was bloody cold today, so in between going to the Museum of Natural History, Guggenheim Museum and late lunch,
Ground ZeroGround ZeroGround Zero

A big hole in the ground with construction under way for the 'Freedom tower'. Finished in 2012 apparently
we tried to find some thermal underwear for Kerrn to wear to the Baseball - no luck.

As it turned out, it was warmer at 5pm than at midday. There was a crowd of about 50000 at the Yankees game, which we thought was pretty weak for a city of 10million+, but then we found out they play just about every day of the week, so it's not bad after all.

The game was great - had beer, a giant pretzel (which was makin' me thirsty! 😊 and popcorn. The Yankees nearly pulled off a couple of 'loaded base' innings, but couldn't finish them off in the end, so Detroit won. Thanks Villella's for the tickets - it was great!

Anyway, keep staying up too late on the laptop for work, facebook etc. so just waiting now at midday Wednesday for our shuttle to arrive to take us to JFK.

See you in Scotland!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

MONHMONH
MONH

Kezza about to get munched by a T-Rex at the Natural History museum. Had some amazing exhibits there.
GuggenheimGuggenheim
Guggenheim

I studied this building and it's architect, Frank Lloyd Wright at Uni - bloody thing was getting 'cleaned up', so I couldn't get a good photo due to scaffolding. Had a look around inside though - continuous spiral ramp runs around the outside from top to bottom, creating an aawesome space.
Yankee StadiumYankee Stadium
Yankee Stadium

Had a great night - met a couple of Canadians, and picked up on a few of the finer points of the game.


Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb