New York here i come


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
May 13th 2005
Published: August 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Waiting to board plane at Changi AirportWaiting to board plane at Changi AirportWaiting to board plane at Changi Airport

All geared up! 22 hrs of flight ahead :S (Sg-->Taipei-->Seattle-->Newark)
This is the start of my first ever Travel Blog. Trying this out for my first time.
Wanna document all the wonderful memories i've had in US for the past 2 mths! (13May - 11Jul 2005)

The airline we took was EVA Airways. (Taiwan airline)
When we first board the plane, we were all pretty disappointed that we had no personal in-flight entertainment! ARGH. But nvm..we still survived. Eat, sleep, strain my neck to check out the tv screen up there in the distance, listen to my MP3 player or just plain staring into space is what i did to pass time.

At first, we only know that we had to transit over at Taipei. But over at Taipei, only then we found out the plane is gg to fly us to Seattle first (west coast), and then finally to Newark (east coast). So we kinda flew horizontally across America?! Hmm.

During the last stretch of flight from Seattle to Newark, all 4 of us gathered at a corner of the plane (i was sitting apart from the other 3 then) to discuss and finalize our Day1 itinery for NY. Cos we gathered that if we were to reach Newark at 11.30pm US time, by the time we make our way to NY it'd be late and we'd be too shaq to do anything else but slp. The entire plane was dark except for our reading lights on. The air stewardess was nice enough to walk by and offer us drinks every now and then.

When at Seattle, we cleared the US customs by having our passports chopped and all relevant documents checked such that we do not have to do this all over again at Newark. So in Seattle, we have officially entered into US grounds. Woo yeah exciting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0821s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb