Rotterdam - Final


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 28th 2022
Published: October 28th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Eagles, Life in the Fast Line; Doobie Brothers, Without Love; Fleetwood Mac, Bowie, Van Halen, Toto, Beatles, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Hendrix, Elton John, Santana, Pink Floyd5

this band can do it all. I even got up, not on the dance floor, and moved to the beat. If I were sixty years younger and single lol I could be a groupie for this group. They are not only great musicians, but also seem to friends. Forget the rocking seas, the foggy days, the aching back, good music heals all.



The little bird lives. It has been identified as a European Robin. Someone reported fresh bird poop so I’m hopeful it will land safely like so many immigrants in the past.



Today, the 25th, is sunny with calm seas. Plan to sit on my deck chair and pretend I’m on a ocean liner in the 30’s.



There’s an AP called Marine Traffic and I can track our course on it. Yesterday it had the ship passing Newport, New London, Bridgeport, Stamford, down Hell’s Gate to the East River. That would be just plain nuts.Today we are shown to sail past southern Long Island. It would have been fun to wave to those on the CT shore though.



Jimmy Hendrix, Eric Clampton, Jailhouse Rock, and the rocking continues. ZZ Top, Prince, another rocking night. Found out that they have played together for four months on a ships contract. Doesn’t seem possible that they are so together after so short a time. The variety of numbers, each rendered so well blows my mind.



Woke up early for our arrival in NY and was rewarded with a lovely view of the Statue of Liberty. Will need to complete Boarder Control and think about packing up. Looking forward to seeing my boys.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.414s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.2036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb