Latest Update


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
November 20th 2006
Published: November 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so we may have already concluded our travels but Jaime and I thought we had one more blog worthy entry to make. We got home a little more than two weeks ago, and aside from a decent stretch of jet lag, have found adjusting back to home life rather easy. It is comforting to have such luxuries as closets, drawers and a bed again. Our friends, family and colleagues have also made it fun to be home again.

Before we left, many people advised that this trip would be the ultimate test for our relationship. And that if we could survive spending 24 hours a day together, we would be able to handle anything. We definitely had our moments of "healthy debates" and we learned things about each other that may have taken many more years. Somewhere between Turkey and Australia, it was clear to me that we truly have something special, and that we compliment each other wonderfully (mostly me complimenting her though). With six months of unforgettable memories and quality time together, I decided it was time for us to take the next step.

Jaime was perfectly shocked when she came home late Wednesday evening, to
Love at first sightLove at first sightLove at first sight

...just like me
discover a romantically decorated apartment, and me eagerly awaiting her arrival. First to introduce himself was our new Labradoodle pup, "Wallace" and once she registered that surprise, I asked her to marry me. Lucky for me she said yes. We have since been very busy making sure 4 month old Wallace is well taken care of, while making phone calls and getting together with close friends and family to celebrate our engagement. Thank you all for sharing in our adventures and hopefully being a part of more to come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 71; dbt: 0.1141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb