WWE at Madison Square Garden..... and the first part of the day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
December 29th 2017
Published: December 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This day was to be over shadowed by the main event happening tonight! But we needed to do something for the day to go bye. So we once again put on our woollies and trudged up towards Central Park and aiming for Nike Town. Needing fuel we stopped by a little eatery by the name of Gregory's and had our selves some warming coffees and toast.

We found Nike town and perused the floors of different Nike apparel. Americans not working for tips certainly do not put in the customer service as do their counterparts. Anyway after we waited 20mins for the larger size jumper for Ollie, we realised the correct choice was made. He looked the goods, model material for sure.

Bec decided she wanted more culture in the day than a few large sweaty men slapping each other or a royal rumble of a 3 on 3 girls tag team event, so she went off and checked out "museums". I thought Guggenheim was a German internet search engine, but I think Bec was pretty impressed by the exterior of the building. Not getting a look inside due to the line that stretched back to Jersey.

We on the other hand took in an early dinner and pre-drinks at Brother Jimmy's BBQ. 14 hour slow cooked brisket, pulled pork, fried Brussel sprouts (basically a salad) and corn bread brought the taste of he south to my mouth! Few pints and we were joined by a Bec. A couple more brews and some skeet-ball later we were finally ready for the night time activities.

Best ever! Seats were four rows back in the first tiered section and the were amazing. The door dudes let Ollie and I down to take a pic ringside, they were not quite sure which one of us was more excited. Possibly me. This night could not disappoint. With some new merchandise and voices raised in cheer we settle in for the fights.

None of our favourites won their bouts but just getting to see John Cena, Seamus and Finn Balor along with all the other big hitters was enough to intoxicate any wrestling fan. Amazing Venue and amazing night! Not sure it was enough to get Becky to start to follow the sport though! Obviously all those beers needed a chili dog on the way home.... der.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb