Freeport The Nautical Mile


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Long Island
July 14th 2017
Published: July 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Nautical Mile in Freeport,NY. is a staple of fun on Long Island . Those of us that are older islanders have fond memories of days past spent drinking and laughing and eating great food . We remember coming in on a boat to eat and drink after a day of fishing. The food was good the beer was cold and The ladies were pretty.
These day there seems to be less boats docked.The Nautical Mile is in a transition phase like it has been so many times.But the food is still good the beer still cold and the ladies are some of the most beautiful long island has to offer.
With a carnival like atmosphere you can find what you are looking for on the mile , a good time. From the younger generations places like Tropics , Braccos sandy beach or Hudson's outside deck all have live music or dj's and plenty of beautiful woman to dance with. For the older generations you have Ottos Sea Grill, Lemoncello's ,Hurricane Harrys,Rachel's Waterside grill or places like Nawlins, Jam Rock Jamaica and The Halfway down bar. All the bars and restaurants have a great mix of people and beautiful women at every door.
You can bring the kids with miniature golf , Italian ices and an ice cream parlor with a photo booth there is plenty to entertain them .You can also rent a jet ski if you have teens that love the water. There are party boats ,fishing boats and water taxis and tours. Also for the men and sometimes ladies there is a cigar store where you can see people sitting and standing in front as they enjoy a smoke.
You will find everyone is friendly happy and ready to share a story . If like me you just enjoy the stroll down the mile where you will see classic cars drive by and beautiful motorcycles on display and high end cars like Lamborghini and Ferrari drive past. The fun of the mile is you never know what you will see or who you will meet. .
With food served at almost every place the options are endless from tacos,burgers and pizza. To some of the freshest seafood around. There are even a couple of seafood stores so you can bring home some fresh seafood.
If you are looking for a fun place to lunch with the kids or where people are happy are having fun or to do a little shopping. Maybe you want to stroll by the sea and take in the beautiful sea air and views then you should come to the Nautical Mile in Freeport. The people are friendly day or night the drinks are cold and the food is as good as it gets.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0986s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb