Homeland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Ithaca
March 25th 2009
Published: March 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

My pillow is really nice. I really didn’t want to leave it this morning. But we had to go to the theater to chat with the TD about our show in a few days. Then Sarah and I perched ourselves for a few hours in a local coffee shop to get some work/writing/reading done. Kyle joined us after his errands and had lunch. We got bored there, so we walked across the street to Barnes and Nobel after Kyle left. With a stack of books each, we found some comfy chairs and parked for a few more hours.

Sitting with us was a woman with a two-month old. We got to chatting with her a bit and found out that she had “grow up without a religion” and now is a Muslim, which is the religion she got from her father. It was really interesting; she had a great perspective on things. She and her mother are hopefully coming to our show on Friday.

Other than that, mail came today, so now I have two more books to read. My big goal for today was to finish my book (pretty lofty), and I maybe read two pages in it! Bummer. Kyle is over and we’re having cake and ice cream and watching Spy Games.

On Monday night, we also had a nice long going away party for Stacie. I hate to see her go. She’s at home now, and headed to Uganda next week sometime. So Prossy and Victor spent a lot of the evening giving her tips on what to do and what to expect when she gets to their homeland. It was hilarious! But it was fun to hear them tell stories and reminisce about home. And it makes me want to go even more! She will surely be missed around here!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb