From the Inroduction to "Wanderlust and Lipstick: The Essential Guide For Women Traveling Solo"


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Albany
April 23rd 2009
Published: April 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

As women, we are conditioned to accept and make do with whats in front of us: Don't dream too big. Don't think of all the possibilities. Shrink your world to fit what other people believe you can do. If you dream too big, after all, you might fail --and how would the rest of the world look at you then?

But...what if we could make our grandest desires materialize? What if that trip to Papua New Guinea that you dreamed about all your life was really right around the corner? What if your voyage on the Queen Mary was within your grasp?

Perhaps you've always wanted to visit the pyramids in Egypt, but your husband has no desire to leave the county, let alone the country.

Maybe your desire is more personal. Upon doing some genealogical research, you discovered some long-lost relatives in Greece (or Israel!) that you now want to visit. You've hear so many fabulous things about the country but are petrified to be plunked down in the middle of a region where English is not the primnary language.

Believe me. You can do it!

.... Most of us stumble through life without a dream or without knowing what we want. You, too harbor a dream even if you haven't yet given it voice. WHere have you always wanted to go? Think it. Dream it . Write it down. And figure out how to get there.

Beth Whitman

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb