New Hampshire and Vermont on the way to the Adirondacks in upstate New York


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We left Maine and spent 4 days driving through New Hampshire and Vermont. We drove through the White Mountains of New Hampshire and the Green Mountains of Vermont. We decided to take all back roads on our way to the Adirondacks. There are streams and lakes every few miles by the side of the roads. Lots of interesting small villages to see and lots of friendly people who are surprised to hear of our long trip from Arizona.

Lake Winnepesaukee in New Hampshire brought back memories of being there with my parents as a young child. There were sculptures along a walking trail which we enjoyed. At the foot of the Green Mountains in Vermont we stayed near Middlebury and enjoyed seeing the campus of Middlebury College.

We stayed at Indian Lake Hamlet in the Adirondacks. A very nice r.v. park with only 35 sites. Most of the people staying there come every year for the July 4th week. They had a picnic for everyone and barbecued chicken for the whole park. We brought a dish to share. It was nice talking to many of the campers there and a different experience than most r.v. parks we have stayed in. Adirondack Park has a long history of people coming since the 1800's to canoe or use small runabouts for fishing and watersports. There are hundreds of lakes in the park.

We are now in Syracuse, New York at my sister Deirdre's home. We will be here a week for an 80th birthday celebration for her husband David. There will be 45 people here this coming weekend to celebrate. So glad we could be here to share this special birthday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb