Bandolier NM, NM/ Santa Fe NM


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico
October 21st 2004
Published: October 21st 2004
Edit Blog Post


After getting up at Bandolier Campground, we went up to the Visitor’s Center and decided to take a little bit of a hike out to the cliff dwelling and the kivas. Actually, we were getting a little tired of cliff dwellings and kivas, but this particular place was quite interesting and worth the extra effort. We climbed up ladders to see the homes and the petroglyphics and the kivas. The rock is known as swiss cheese because of the holes, and the paths and trails were very well maintained, so it wasn’t a very difficult hike. It was quite interesting and also a little bit different.
On we go to Santa Fe.

Continuing, Thursday, October 21, we got to the Visitor’s Center at Santa Fe and located an RV campground right on Cerrillos Boulevard, parked and decided we would the public transportation. We took the bus into the old town plaza, walked along Palace Road, jewelry everywhere, and tried post office for our absentee ballot, but no luck yet. St. Lorretto’s Staircase was interesting, just off the center square. We went to Tomasino’s on Guadalupe Road near the railroad for a New Mexican dinner, very tasty.
We found the bus and headed home. After a shower, we did some laundry. It rained hard all night.

October 22, Friday
Santa Fe, NM

A.M. clouds and much cooler after the rain, off for food shopping, my first visit to Trader Joe’s Grocery Store, an interesting place, finished up our groceries with Smith’s. We were on the bus and back to Santa Fe, visited the Fine Arts Museum on Palace Road - not too interesting - had lunch in the Plaza, visited the Santa Fe Cooking School (Bob’s looking for his chili’s, the hotter the better). We walked over to Canyon Road, up and down, visiting the galleries, an astounding amount of artwork, the second largest collection of art in the U.S., second only to New York City. We walked all the way back to the bus stop and started home, had a nice dinner, and out to a movie - went to see “Forgotten.” Again, it’s a rather cool night, too much Coca-Cola at the theater, so it was a long night, and we seemed to have one noisy neighbor.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Battleship Rock Battleship Rock
Battleship Rock

This was on the way to Santa Fe


Tot: 0.727s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 31; qc: 198; dbt: 0.3139s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb