I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque


Advertisement
Published: September 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.1786, -103.725

We checked out of the motel and continued west. Our first stop was the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa New Mexico. This is a natural spring that known for its crystal clear water. It is 81 feet deep and is a constant 61F to 64F year around. As we continued on our way we were about 10 miles outside of Albuquerque when an engine light came on. I pulled over the truck and it stalled out. We called Penske road side service. They sent out a wrecker and towed us into the Penske location in Albuquerque. We waited around while they tried to fix the truck. This went on and on. We were told that they could not fix it and took it to the dealer to be fixed. After waiting a few more hours we were told that it could not be fixed and they would be giving us a new truck. They called in a load swap crew but it would be an hour before they arrived. Once they did arrive they backed the trucks up to each other and began the long process of moving all the stuff from the broken down truck to the new truck. That took several hours and once done we had lost 9 hours. We got back on the road heading for the El Rancho Motel in Gallup New Mexico. The El Rancho Hotel has been the home for numerous Movie Stars while filming in the area including John Wayne, Katherine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy, Errol Flynn, Kirk Douglas, Gregory Peck, Humphrey Bogart and numerous others.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



13th June 2011

This is a cool thing to see. I was amazed how blue the water looked. Did you see any scuba folks there? Dickie and I had seen this before when we were R.V.ing. Last year I made sure that Richard and Mom got to see it. Richard loved it
and was glad we took the time to stop by to see it.
13th June 2011

Isn't it amazing when you first come across vista's like this. Awe inspiring. You gotta love the great out west.
13th June 2011

Ohhhh Nooooooooo! haha

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb