Lay like Broccoli


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Taos
July 2nd 2015
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.4072, -105.573

80 degrees and sunny
7.010 feet above sea level (Troy is 678 ft)

Great views. Beautiful weather. Enya playing (seemed appropriate). I haven't listened to it in years. It was so nice to wake up at leisure and have my coffee with quiet mountain views. It rained a little last night. Paul and I stepped outside and there was this amazing smell. I am not sure if its the sage brush or this other plant they say opens it's pores to take in the rain and releases this amazing smell. Imagine stepping into one of those little shops that are filled with lavender and spice only this is a smell all around mixed with a fresh mountain air. It smells so good. You want to bottle it up. This morning we just vegged. Layed like broccoli. I don't know what that means. 

This afternoon, we drove into the town of Taos, about five or ten minutes away. Neat little town filled with restaurants, art galleries and little shops. Such a cute town. We realize that Taos is "up north" for those in Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Kind of like going to Traverse City. I love our location. Like nothing we've ever done. After a little shopping and a visit to a juice bar, we headed for the John Dunn Bridges as recommended by our waitress last night. Took us a while to find the road to get there. It wound through some houses and fields then along a gorge which was a little unnerving. The dirt road wound through rock carved out by the Rio Grand. Once again I found myself on the gorge side white knuckling and gasping at every turn hoping we don't slide off the dirt road or a giant boulder doesn't come toppling off the side of the gorge into my lap. I often wonder if some mountain goats might be up there saying, "Watch me try to hit that car down there." Eeesh. We made it to the bridge where many locals were swimming down the river. We were going to have lunch there but the bugs were annoying. We didn't stay long but it was worth going. 
 


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



3rd July 2015

Got that gene from Gramps.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb