Taos New Mexico


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Taos
October 28th 2012
Published: October 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Waking up to a sky full of balloons!Waking up to a sky full of balloons!Waking up to a sky full of balloons!

Like lollipops in the sky.
Greetings from the real New Mexico. It doesn't feel so touristy here. We are having great weather although the nights and early mornings are quite cold. It is 23 this morning as I write this.

We have been having a lot of fun with our friends Ann and Bob. They know Taos well and are such good hosts. The home we are staying in is amazing. Ann's boss has lent this to us for the week. The views are spectacular and it sleeps 12. It is down a long dirt road and very private.

They are having the 30th Taos Balloon Rally here in town. We have been greeted each morning with the sight of balloons in the air right out our windows. What a treat.

We visited the Ojo Caliente hot springs on the first day. WOW....we were out somewhere in the desert and up out of nowhere is a beautiful spa. Surrounded by beautiful mountains and cliffs to look up at. There we were all wrapped up in cozy robes in the afternoon sun. We spent the afternoon relaxing and floating in wonderful HOT springs of iron, arsenic, soda...my favorite...and a mud bath. We slopped ourselves
Grounds at the spaGrounds at the spaGrounds at the spa

A day of sunshine and relaxation awaits us.
up in the mud and sat in the sun for it to dry. No photos of any of this as camera's are forbidden. We were like wet noodles when we exited the spa. From there we went out to the gorge which is an incredible crack in the earth, much like the Grand Canyon! It was scary out there looking down, but we did and as you can see I took some photos.

We finished our day with a very upscale meal at Grahams....fabulous food😊 We came home and played cards for hours....I won.

The following morning we woke up to more hot air balloons. This is such a treat. We watch them rise, move and eventually fall to the ground. We can actually see them come down in the fields below us and pack their balloons and equipment up. It makes for some entertaining mornings.

After breakfast we headed out for the Farmer's Market. It was exceptionally good. We purchased green tomatoes for Bob to fry up in our egg and green chili breakfast burritos. We also purchased some fantastic looking carrots (they were), scones for snacking and delicious local honey. From there we exploredf the
Ann & Bob and Patti and PaulAnn & Bob and Patti and PaulAnn & Bob and Patti and Paul

As we were leaving the spa.
town with its many shops and sites of Taos village. I am still on my quest to find vintage and pawn turquoise jewelry. I like the old or traditional style of jewelry. We have seen more on this trip than I would usually find. Some resonably priced, but the majority is very pricey. We had a nice lunch in town and visited two vintage shops where I did see some nice vintage jewelry....no purchases were made.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The entrance to the spaThe entrance to the spa
The entrance to the spa

Enjoying the grounds of the spa facility.


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb