Santa Fe, Brewery and things not seen


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Fe
December 26th 2010
Published: December 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We’ve enjoyed five nights of camping north of Albuquerque at the San Felipe Hollywood Casino. It was a convenient location for us to either head north to Santa Fe or south to Albuquerque. The weather gets down to the low 30’s during the night and to the mid 50’s during the day. Santa Fe is at a higher elevation and that makes it a little bit cooler and they did have a winter storm warning while we were here. We took it for granted that this was the “normal” weather for this area and time of year, but learned today that it has been warmer than usual. We lucked out!!! During the day the sun is warm, but as it gets lower in the sky in the afternoon it starts getting cooler quickly.

We tried twice to go see the Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument near Cochiti Pueblo. The first time we had Lizzie with us. No dogs are allowed, even if they are left in the car. The next time was Christmas Eve morning and they were closed until Dec 26th. We’re heading moving on, so that will have to be something for a different trip.

Walking around the Old Town area of both Santa Fe and Albuquerque was fun. The one in Santa Fe seemed to have more foreign speaking tourists in expensive clothes. Both areas were popular for people with their dogs of all sorts of breeds and sizes. When I didn’t have Lizzie with me I could get my fill of petting other people’s dogs. There was even a dog with a customer in the bookstore!

We ate at the Blue Corn Café and Brewery. It was fun having a window seat on the second floor and watching the street below. George says the beer was good. We both enjoyed our food. In New Mexico the question is “Red or green?” Red is a medium salsa and green is medium plus, Christmas is a mixture of both of them.

We talked with people working in the different shops and asked them how business was this year. All replied that it had been a good year and that they were doing well. In Albuquerque they said it was a good summer and that balloon festival was very good.

Now we’re heading west again and will be in Arizona for the next few weeks traveling around and experiencing Quartzsite, Arizona.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb