Roswell ... Aliens!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Roswell
June 21st 2016
Published: June 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

It is really nice to not spend a day driving to our next location, we choose not to take highway 82 over to White Sands National Park due to the steep grade and roll backs. We were told this is a beautiful drive but not suited for a travel trailer. We decided to take 285 to Roswell and stay a night at Bottomless Lakes State Park, the lakes here are a beautiful blue and are formed from sink holes. This is a must see for anyone in the area even if you do not plan on taking a swim in the mineral lakes.

We headed into town, Roswell, to visit the UFO Museum. The museum itself was well put together well, it was set up that you walk through in chronological order reading the events of the sighting. There was also letters from others regarding their sightings in other states and photographs. For us the museum was a bit of a disappointment, but if this was something you were truly interested in it would be a great place to spend an entire afternoon just reading and viewing photos. The cost was $5 per adult and $2 per child. After this we visited one of the local art Museums it had a large collection from local artists, a workshop from Robert Goddard an American Rocketry Pioneer, western artifacts, plus much more. This was definitely worth the stop, it was a free entry but we would not have minded paying. We enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Los Cherritos.

The next day we woke up early to visit the local zoo which was also free and had all my babies there, prairie dogs. It was really neat to see that even though each exhibit featured its own animal there was still prairie dogs in almost everyone. They pretty much went wherever they wanted and they also had cute little Chipmunks running all over. I would definitely recommend this zoo and wish we had more time to enjoy.

We then went back to the trailer to allow Nate to build a brace for Daisys bed in the back, due to all the mountain driving it was starting to separate from the upper track. His invention was to help keep it from bouncing in the mountains and causing anymore damage. We then hooked up and headed west on 380 to Valley of the Fires for two nights of camping.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



23rd June 2016

Awesome!!!
That's pretty cool, you guys are a long way from home.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb