Tucson to las cruces


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Las Cruces
September 18th 2013
Published: September 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Departed Tuscon after leisurely breakfast as only a short 60ml drive to Tombstone. Encountered very large bugs, like grasshoppers on the way, they were about 2-3inches long. Tried to avoid them on the road but this was impossible as too many. Stopped to have a closer look, realised on closer inspection that what we thought could be them mating, was actually them eating each other, gross. After checking into hotel went into Tombstone, amazing place, all the films seen growing up came flooding back. Watched the gun fight at the O K Corral with the the Wyat Earp and his brothers plus Doc Holliday against the Clanton an McLaury brothers. Had a very large lunch at Big Nose Kate's saloon, very colourful plenty of character and live music. Good day.

Mon 16th, departed hotel, payed a visit to the famous Boothill Cemetery, another blast from the past, three cowboys who died at the O K Corral are all buried there, Wyatt Earp his brothers and Doc Holliday all survived. Boothill very interesting, epitaphs in that area short on words and sentiment. Continued on to Las Cruces, travelled south to Bisbee, an ex copper mining town built into the side of the mountain.

Arrived at our hotel in Las Cruces, home of the Sorreno chille, large red artificial one in car park of hotel, you should see it. Ventured into Mesilla Plasa, the old adobe part of Las Cruces,very pretty and relaxing. Unfortunately en route stopped at McDonalds at lunch time and now not very hungry so had more American staples for dinner, chips (crisps) nuts and assorted rubbish, no booze sold at the supermarket (strange) so resorted to coke, end oloan other day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb