Day 4 - Tucumcari, NM to Gallup, NM


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Gallup
June 24th 2010
Published: June 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

There was heavy rain last night but the sky was clearing this morning when we packed up and got underway at 6 AM. Made it two hours down the road for our first gas stop and found a Denny's. Not as hot today, thank goodness.

We didn't have as long of a ride today. Arrived at Gallup and the Historic El Rancho Hotel on Route 66 around 1PM. They gave us the neatest room. All of the rooms are named after old movie stars. We were in the Kirk Douglas room. It had a separate full kitchen and a little porch that opened up to the patio where there is a pool. Only four other rooms did that and nobody was at the pool. Got a late lunch at Earl's which is run by all Native Americans. The food was plentiful and very good.

After lunch, George decided to have a beer and check out the pool. I sat out there for a little while with Piper after washing a load of clothes. George wanted to find out if Piper could swim so we put her in the pool. She was swimming fast to get out of there!

We picked up a dessert for supper from the hotel and took it back to the room. Tomorrow is a short ride to Flagstaff, AZ.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

El Rancho HotelEl Rancho Hotel
El Rancho Hotel

Our porch going out to the pool
GeorgeGeorge
George

George in a horny chair.
El Rancho Hotel LobbyEl Rancho Hotel Lobby
El Rancho Hotel Lobby

A panoramic view of the hotel lobby


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb