Day 38


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Gallup
October 20th 2009
Published: October 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post


October 20, 2009
Some parts of this trip have come as complete surprises…today we experienced this again! When we left Sedona this morning, we were headed for the Meteor Crater which was a few miles east of a town named Two Gun…just after Two Arrows…really! Anyway most of us thought this was going to be a small outpost with not a lot there except maybe some sci-fi nuts! What we actually found was this beautiful spot in the desert with a large complex surrounding an actual crater in the earth caused by a meteor over 50,000 years ago…it was fascinating!! There was a great speaker and movie and then a walk up onto the crater edge. It was interesting and fun and way more than we expected. We left there and headed on toward Gallup. We passed through some of the most remarkable scenery to date! The Painted Desert is magnificent…the colors, the textures and to me, the most beautiful sky I’ve ever seen. I could not stop taking pictures of it…which you’ll soon see!!! We arrived in Gallup at about 5pm having lost an hour when we crossed into New Mexico…I’m having trouble keeping track of the day, the month and now the time! After settling into our hotel, having cocktails and figuring out tomorrow’s plan, we set out for dinner. It was at dinner that the horror began!!! John, Bill and Donna feasted on bulls’ testicles and cows’ glands…I kid you not!!! BULL’S TESTICLES!!!! Ow-a My-a God-a!!! There is something inherently wrong with this. Come on…aren’t there enough interesting foods to eat without going after the poor bull’s ”you know what’s”…I mean why stop there…how about a bowl full of hog tonsils or a plate of aardvark snouts…what is the matter with people…Why can’t they be happy with peanut butter and fluff? I think I’m travelling with the wrong crowd.
Today’s Road Lesson: One bull’s private parts are another man’s dinner!



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb