September 16, 2015 - Wednesday


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Albuquerque
September 17th 2015
Published: September 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was a busy day. First we headed downtown to do the city tour on the ABQ trolley. It was a great way to become more familiar with the city. I wish we had done it the first day or two that we were in town. The young lady doing the narrative was very knowledgable about the city.

After the trolley ride we headed out toward Sandia Peak, but we went on past there to the singing highway. My friend Kris Carpenter told me that we just had to experience this while we were here. It was really cool. I posted a video on facebook where you can actually hear the highway singing "America". It was way cool! I have not been able to get the video to load onto my iPad, so I am not going to be able to attach it here. If you do facebook, look for it there under "SANDY ADEN HUDSON".

Next we headed on out to Sandia Peak. We had dinner first at the foot of the mountain at Santiago's. It was very good and the view from there was beautiful. We went up about 5:30. The dinner before the ride was nearly a mistake. I've never been afraid of heights, but on the way up my stomach started doing flip-flops. Once we were at the top we took lots of pics and enjoyed the sunset. We waited for sundown, was we'd been advised, so that we could enjoy the lights of ABQ on the way down. It was awesome.

I ran into a friend of a friend at the top of Sandia Peak and talked to her on the way down. So my stomach did better. I wasn't right by the window, so I wasn't looking straight down. That helped. Isn't it amazing how small a world we live in?? The couple we met were pastor & wife at Alamo Heights Baptist Church in Midland between 1969 to 1974. I knew that a dear friend of ours from Fannin Terrace Baptist Church had previously gone to Alama at one time. When I mentioned her name they were excited to tell me that she was a friend and they'd seen her recently on a trip to Midland. They were a lovely couple.

Today has been lazy. We slept in, then got up and went out to one of the casinos for lunch. Wednesday is one of the days that they have 2 for 1 buffets.

Tomorrow we are going to drive to Santa Fe along the turquoise hwy. It's another of the "must sees" that we've been told about. This will only be a day trip. We'll be back here tomorrow night.

The pic of Les was taken at the top of Sandia Mountain while we were waiting for sundown. One tram pic was made as we met one going down while we were headed up.

If I'm able to get the video of the singing hwy to load to my iPad later I'll include it on here later.

https://www.facebook.com/sandy.aden/videos/10205627084249902/


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb