September 6, 2015 - Sunday


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Albuquerque
September 6th 2015
Published: September 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We started a new adventure today. I was sad to leave our forest campsite. It was my first experience boondocking (camping without hook-ups) in our Seneca. I thought of it beforehand as roughing it, but we didn't really rough it at all, because our Seneca is so well equipped for this type of camping. We have a great generator and a good sized holding tank for fresh water. It was made easier because the weather was perfect. It was cool mornings and after the sun went down, but warm mid-day (but not warm enough to need A/C). I'm already planning an extended stay in Ruidoso for next summer.

We packed up and headed to Alburquerque. We arrived about 2:00 PM and got checked into Enchanted Trails RV park. We didn't want to get too well set up because we are taking our Seneca to the Camping World next door to get a couple of things checked out at 8:00 AM tomorrow. We are hoping that they only have it for a few hours.

For those of you who have never been to ABQ, it looks like the Odessa/Midland area (all brown and yucky), but it is surrounded by mtns. It looks worse because we've just left Ruidoso. And of course, Odessa/Midland doesn't look so bad because it's home and it's where our family is.

While we were checking in we were told about the Route 66 Casino. We were told that even if we weren't gamers that we'd love the Route 66 decor. So, we drove out there to look around. It was fun to see. They gave us $5.00 to play with. So, I sat down and played Draw Poker long enough to give them their $5.00 back. Les didn't even sit down to play with his money. He said we'd be back & he'd use his later.

We have to figure out what to do tomorrow while they have our Seneca. We've already loaded up our laundry so that we can do it while we are waiting. I'm also wanting a couple of things for the motorhome, so we will probably do a little shopping. There is a pool here, so we could hang out at the pool, but I doubt that we will.

We are planning to be here for two weeks. We will attend the NM state Good Sam's rally the end of this week and the NM state fair next week. After that we will be going through Odessa, on our way to San Saba for a campout with our RV club (Oil City Sams - OCS). I'm looking forward to that week in San Saba. It's always nice to get together with the club members.

We are loving our full time RVing lifestyle. I really haven't found any part of it that I don't like. Of course, it's difficult when there are family emergencies when we are out of state. We've already had to make two emergency trips back to Texas 1) For Les' brother-in-laws funeral and 2) For my Mom's open heart surgery. Les' sister is staying busy and it sounds like she's doing as good as can be expected since losing her husband. I've talked to Mom every day since I left there last week. She has been transferred to a small hospital in the town where they live. She'll be there for about 2 weeks, if all goes well. Please keep Lori (Les' sister) and my Mom, Betty Turner, in your prayers.

The first two pics were taken as we left Ruidoso. The next two are the mountains around ABQ. The 5th is the Route 66 Casino that I mentioned.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb