Santa Rosa to Alburquerque.


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Not a lot to report today. Being now in the mountain time zone, we have gained another hour making us 7 hours behind. We were a little disappointed with Santa Rosa and wished we could have just driven the additional few miles to here last night so we could have 2 nights in the Grand Canyon.

We were planning on doing the Breaking Bad tour in Albuquerque which involves being taken round all the locations in the show in a big RV! However we sat down last night and realised we could just google the locations and visit them ourselves and save some bucks. So we hauled ass the 120ish miles from Santa Rosa and got some good pictures of Walt and Jessie's house, Jane and Jessie's apartments, Saul's office and the car wash. If you haven't seen it, then you'll have no idea what I'm on about!

We managed to finish this relatively early and I was getting a bit sick of the crazy traffic and mental yank drivers so we managed to check in early and chilled out in the Jacuzzi at the hotel for a bit.

We have a really long drive to our place near the Grand Canyon tomorrow (8-9 hours) so decided to use the afternoon to check out the last Breaking Bad location about an hour north west of the city on the To-Hajiilee trail. This was a cool dirt track taking us out to some more hilly terrain than we've been used to, giving us a little taster of what's to come as we enter Arizona. Mandie got a few pictures including 1 of 3 wild dogs (Mandie doesn't believe me).


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb