More from Albuquerque


Advertisement
Published: April 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

3/20/2010 - 3/26/2010: Albuquerque is NOT the place to be in March.... cold, windy, snowy, sunny, colder. The very worst day was the snow storm we arrived in but we did manage one more day of snow later in the week. All told - 7 long days of miserable weather. So miserable that we only had two happy hours. And this is a very hard-core happy hour crowd! Each day we would catch a bus to the Expo grounds to attend informational seminars, look at new motoromes, and shop the vendors. We managed to spend a little money; bought a surge protector for our 50 amp power cord and a tire monitoring system that alerts us if the coach or car has a low tire. We also talked to several companies about getting new flooring in our coach and some new furniture later this year. This was our first FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) rally. Worth doing every now and then because of the information available. But not in Albuquerque - at least not in March.

3/26/2010 - 3/29/2010: We moved to an rv resort on the west side of town early Friday morning, plugged in to electricity (oh happy day!) and settled in to clean house, do laundry, and was the rigs. We added these 3 days to our stay in Albuquerque because there is so much to do in this area but once again the weather didn't cooperate. So cold and windy that the idea of taking the Sandia Tram or exploring Acoma pueblo just didn't appeal to us. The one semi-warm day we had, we jumped in the car and drove historic Route 66 into the city and into Old Town Albuquerque. We wandered the shops and admired all the adobe buildings, many dating back to the 1700's. Neat area. We'll be back.

3/29/2010: Drove to Camp Verde, Arizona, where we will stay for about 2 weeks. Hoping for warm weather and some golf! More later...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb