Welcome to the USA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey
October 22nd 2015
Published: October 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

imageimageimage

Sunset at 30,000 ft
Our Virgin Australia flight to LAX went smoothly. We have flown with several airlines to the USA and VA wins hands down. It may be the cheaper version of Qantas but we feel we certainly get more bang for our Buck with VA.

The food is always good with these guys - generous servings, hot and tasty. Just what you need on that long haul flight. Flying economy is always economy but we have found VA to be way more comfortable than their big brother Qantas.

During the flight to Los Angeles I watched the sunset at 30,000 feet. That was so cool - nothing but ocean below us. Got me thinking how big this amazing world is that we live in - how lucky we are to have the technology to travel from one continent to another in no time at all and how good it is to simply be alive!

We arrived at LAX just after 7am. As we were descending into the airport I got a great view of Los Angeles which was already busy with freeways jam packed and loads of smog surrounding the city. From the air you can appreciate just how big
image.image.image.

Landing in Los Angeles
Los Angeles really is. The gateway to the USA for us Aussies and as always a great way to start our visit to the States.

I love looking out the planes window during the descent -wondering what life is like in "your" home -every city being unique in their ways of life. Travel has really made me keen to get to know more and more about local life and cultures.

We then had a 5 hour wait for a connecting flight to Newark in New Jersey. It was a long wait as we were both totally exhausted. Our flight left right on time at 1pm and arrived at Newark just after 9pm. Once we touched down we rang for our courtesy shuttle to our overnight stay. We stayed at a boutique hotel around about 15 minutes drive from the hotel. Named "The Kenilworth" it was a welcoming sight for us! Booked the room through hotels.com $125 USD. Staff here were ever so friendly - even helping us to organise an uber car for our trip to Cape Liberty.

Everyone is preparing for Halloween around here and I had a heap of fun running around getting photos to
image.image.image.

Ready to fly to Los angeles
send to my friends back home. Even though we are both jet lagged to the max we didn't hit the pillow until 1am.

We have just finishedbreakfast here in the hotel and soon we will be setting off to,Cape Liberty to embark on our eastern Caribbean cruise.

We don't plan on purchasing any internet package on the cruise so will update our blog when the opportunity arises.



Bon Voyage!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

image.image.
image.

Lunch on our VA flight to Los Angeles
image.image.
image.

Room 137...that king size bed was so comfy
image.image.
image.

Geoff and his new mate!
image.image.
image.

Happy Halloween
image.image.
image.

Decorations abound everywhere
image.image.
image.

Our overnight stay
image.image.
image.

Pumpkins at the local supermarket
image.image.
image.

Breakfast at the hotel


Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 78; dbt: 0.155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb