The end is here


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey
June 25th 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Day 53: Roosevelt, NJ to Belmar, NJ
Total Miles: 32.1
Final Mileage: 3755.6 (Arthur’s may differ slightly based on cycling computer variation)

Anyone else find it funny that we’re finally able to post pictures now that we’re home? … hmph.

Delicious coffee, New Jersey bagels (much missed) and cream cheese greeted us in the morning. After a hearty breakfast we started toward the sea. Something was definitely pulling us - we got there in a quick 2 hours (thanks to Laurel for the occasional tunes and escort). As we started down Ninth St toward Ocean Ave in Belmar we could see a small crowd waving frantically and cheering us on. The few people on the beach on that heavily overcast day must have thought it strange to see people cheering us on while we carried our bikes toward the ocean. Where could they possibly be going … next adventure across the Atlantic? We were really happy to see Arthur’s family, waiting with champagne and flowers and medals to commemorate our journey! We approached the ocean and dipped our front wheels into the ocean, finalizing the completion of our adventure.

There’s always that lull, that period of decompression, a sense of, I can’t quite put my finger on it, perhaps emptiness at the end of an adventure like this. Long gone are the days where you let the thoughts flow, eager for something interesting to come your way. Along comes the filter necessary to over-stimulation. Time to find jobs, a place to live, start school ... I'll miss the days of aching butts, not knowing where you'll sleep that night, hoping to make it ten more miles before dark, the conversations along the way ...



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



29th June 2006

Congratulations!
Way to go you two! I'm going to miss you over here in Truckee and your blogs from this summer. Good luck in your east coast future.
29th June 2006

Way to Go!
We're so proud of you two! Congratulations over and over! "Do It Again!!!!!"

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb