DAVID BECKHAM IS BACK!!!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey
July 17th 2009
Published: July 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

He’s BACKKKK!

David Beckham is back and he was at the Meadowlands! This was his first time back since the Italian League’s season finale on May 31st. Cheers and boos seemed to mix in the crowd at Giants Stadium last night. Many were ecstatic and trying to catch a glimpse of the star screaming, “We love you David” while some were booing and taunting “We love your wife.” The attendance was over 23,000 however many people left disappointed after the game because they were hoping for a repeat of the Red Bulls 5-4 win over LA two years ago.

A tough loss last night for the NY/NJ Red Bulls in what seemed to be an effortless battle for most of the night. True fans stayed glued to their seats with the anticipation of a Red Bulls goal in what was looking like a 3-0 loss. In the 87th minute Juan Pablo Angel, Red Bulls’ stricker, scored on a penalty kick to finally put the Red Bulls on the board. Again in the 90th minute the Red Bulls were issued another penalty kick but failed to convert. The LA Galaxy won 3-1 making this their fourth straight win and their first in New York since 2000. Goals were scored by Alecko Eskandarian in the third minute, Landon Donovan in the 31st minute, and Eddie Lewis in the 45th minute. The Red Bulls return home on August 5th versus W Connection (Trinidad & Tobago).



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb