Atlantic city day 2


Advertisement
Published: May 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Atlantic city Sunday 20th may
After a bit of a failed party night but a successful night in the casino for me we decided to do a bit of research for tonight on where to go and what to do. Last night we had a go in the casino in which I won $85 but rich lost $40. These casinos were incredible. Largest, fanciest, loudest and highest stakes I had seen ever. It makes me even more excited to hit Vegas in a month or so. Due to essentially paying for two lots of pricey hotels in atlantic city we decided to recoup this money on food. There was a free breakfast at the motel/hotel which consisted of mini bagels with cottage cheese and coffee. Great selection. So we filled up on them, had a coffee and filled our doggy bags up too. That was our food for the rest of the day, and in fact the next day to we didn't eat. Which will be explained later. Luckily for me, I still had half my pizza left from the night before. Considering I won at the casino I thought it would only be fair if I bought Richard a dominoes pizza as he lost some money. It makes losing a little bit more bearable. We headed out onto the beach and then onto the Boardwalk. The beach was pretty average, but the only way I can describe Atlantic City outside of the casinos is a slightly better version of Skegness. Inside the casinos are beautiful and huge but outside its the same touristy crap that all mainstream touristy beaches have. This was mostly T-shirts that said Atlantic City I love Atlantic City and all the hats And flat peaks to go with it. one of the most interesting parts of the day was inside the Donald Trump mall. Like any other mall it had the standard gadget shops, high-end retailers (which rich wouldn't leave. Honestly, ask him to leave Tiffany & co after being in the for 20 minutes and the reaction I get is like I shot his dog on Christmas day) The real highlight was the water fountain show. I took a video of this and it's on my Google plus account. It's hard to describe but there is a lot of water and pretty colours flying around everywhere. Out of the mall and into the shopping district we went which had such classics like Nike and Adidas as well as the typical shops like American Eagle, Ralph Lauren and large sporting good shops. Richard and I both bought a pair of flip-flops and a T-shirt each ready for the night ahead. Little did we know what was going to unfold. We went back to the hotel, got showered, dressed in impress and got ready for some drinking. The previous night we drank a good lot of the vodka. Remember this is a 1.75 L bottle of vodka and it was only $10. I don't know if it was us being silly or the fact that it was so cheap our minds decided that it'll be okay to drink a lot of it because it's cheap. We decided to do the freeze test on the vodka to see if it was real or watered down and when we took it out the freezer it was still liquid. Bargain ! Either way we got a long way through that bottle of vodka and at about 11 o'clock at night headed into town.
During the day we did a bit of research on the night life on a Sunday night in Atlantic City. It looked like we had two choices, Cazbar in one of the major casino hotels, or a 70s and 80s disco night which was also in a large casino. It ended up that the Internet lied to us both and both these places were shut. However the woman at the front desk did say there was a bar open the top floor. This bar was a gay bar. You can imagine my excitement, buurrgggh. So both of us, pretty pissed decided to not waste the night and go on up.
Bloody hell. What was to unfold I could not predict. We got to the bar and found out our drinks cost $18. ***k that are we buying another round from here we thought. Next thing we know we have a couple of old guys trying to chat us up and in doing so bought our next drinks. This proceeded throughout the night and after actually meeting some cool people we're starting to enjoy ourselves. Next thing you know everyone was happy and smiling and whiskeys were flowing silly amounts. Again I think it was the British accents that ensured we were getting free drinks all night and Considering we're paying a lot on the hotel, we did not mind.
Read the next blog to see where we ended up. My God

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb