We're ready!


Advertisement
Published: May 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 1 - May 15, 2015

Travel by limo to Logan Airport, Boston, MA. Delta flight to Minneapolis. Picked up by bus and transported to Winnegago factory in Forest City, IA.

Well, the packing is done, the mail put on hold, and everything is in order. We are ready to travel! Clothing selection was difficult, as the temperatures where we are traveling seem to be all over the place, as a typical Spring usually is. That meant packing heavier clothing all the way down to shorts and tee shirts. We all decided it was better not to over pack as we plan on doing laundry every few days when it is available at the campground. We women have also been busy preparing menues, and the shopping list for all the necessary items we will need to purchase at our first stop, a super Walmart. As we're working on getting together our "required" equipment, Jan presented us with a "Bear Bell". Apparently you're supposed to wear it, and the bears will hear you coming, and run away. I remembered a conversation I had with a Park Ranger at Yellowstone some time back. He asked if I knew how to tell the difference between Black bear and Brown(grizzly) bear scat. When I told him I didn't, he said black bear scat smell like crap, and brown bear scat had bells in it, and smells like pepper spray. She didn't think this was funny. I'd wear a tinkle bell suit with bells on if I thought it would work. So, except for some last minute stuff tomorrow, we're off for Logan Airport in the morning.

Advertisement



15th May 2015

Have a great time!
Stay vigilant driving the big rig!
15th May 2015

Grizzlies vs. a real animal
We have no fear that the Cat Herder can talk his way out of any confrontation with the bears. His problem will be when he gets home. The Chippy's are setting up shop in Sandy's veggie garden and just waiting for a battle over who owns the garden! My monies on the Chippy's!! Have a great trip. Don't worry about the clothes just make sure you have a few roles of duct tape.
17th May 2015

Hope things are going according to plan be safe
17th May 2015

Good time
Have a ball! Keep those bells with you at all times!
19th May 2015

Have a great time! We are enjoying the blogs and looking forward to more. Love the pics! Stay safe.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb