European Trip Planning


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Hampshire
September 3rd 2018
Published: September 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Well here's another blog which must mean another trip. This time, The Cat Herder and his Wife, along with long time friends and travel companions, John and Diane, will be driving through Europe. Our travels will bring us into the Normandy region of France where we will visit the many World War II battle sites, thru Southern France with it's many chateaus, castles and vineyards, then into Switzerland. Our last visit there left us wanting more so this time we will be traveling through the Swiss Alps visiting the lake Geneva area, Zermatt and the Jungfrau region. There we will be taking a train which tunnels straight into the rock of the Eiger, then upward to the Jungfraujoch terminus at 11,333 ft., where the views are said to be jaw-dropping.
Since it is the 100th anniversary of WWI, after leaving Switzerland we will head to Verdun, The Maginot Line, Sedan and Bastogne, Belgium, where we will visit some of the great battle grounds of that war. We had our final meeting last week with John and Diane to firm up our plans, and will be departing on September 9th.

We hope you all enjoy following our adventures on this trip. Be sure to send us your comments.

Advertisement



3rd September 2018

Enjoy!
We hope you have a safe and wonderful trp. Enjoy the sights and the beer and wine! Coincidentally, Justine (and Hammy) arrived in Deutschland today to be with her hockey-pro husband Sean for the next six months. Their baby boy is due to arrive in February.
4th September 2018

Happy and safe travels....
Ray and Sandy, so happy to hear about your upcoming trip! It sounds so wonderful and interesting! I am looking forward to reading your daily blog and pictures, enjoy and have a drink or two for me! ❤️
10th September 2018

It sounds like a great trip. I am looking forward to enjoying it with you via your blog. Have a wonderful time (I know you will).
10th September 2018

Great trip
Hope you all have a great trip. Cannot wait to see pictures and comments.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 15; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb