Day 22 - June 3, 2017 Homer Spit, AK to Home


Advertisement
Published: June 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Homer Spit, AK to Home


Hello all, due to computer issues and no internet yesterday, I am writing this final blog entry today. Our final day in Homer Spit began again with wonderful weather. We had a casual breakfast, then headed back to Anchorage. I have to say that this last stop was one of my favorites, although it would be very difficult to find one that I did not enjoy. I was a bit melancholy that our adventure was coming to an end, it was just so great. We ventured back through some familiar territory before stopping at the Summit Lake area to have lunch then check things out. It was a beautiful lake setting and we enjoyed some time down by the water, then went into the shop and enjoyed some ice cream out on the deck. We all said diets were in order on our return home as we have eaten quite well on this trip. We arrived in Anchorage mid afternoon, checked in the RV, then proceeded to pack. After a great dinner at a nearby restaurant we headed back to the RV where we spent our last night in Great Alaskan's lot. It was early to bed as we had a 3.50 pick up. The flight home was uneventful, but we were all quite exhausted after a very long day. On the way home we reminisced about all the places we had been, and as usual, sharing this wonderful vacation with Diane and John made it all the more enjoyable. We feel blessed to be able to have had all of these great experiences, and look forward to the ones that lie ahead. Hope you all enjoyed the blog as much as we did writing it. To quote a saying on a Native American memorial we came across, "Follow your dreams, be kind, and always remember to enjoy every day of your life"


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



5th June 2017

Enjoyed all your travel blogs pictures. It was great Sharing all your adventures. Hopefully we'll be on the next ones. Thanks for all your hard work❤️❤️❤️
5th June 2017

Great trek
Wow. That seemed like a fast 3 weeks, at least to us. Really enjoyed following your blog and reliving our trip. See you this fall.
5th June 2017

Enjoyed your adventure!
We live on the very edge of the twin cities where every pond seems to have one egret, there are lots of turtles, too many deer, a variety of birds etc. A fawn was nursing its mommy in our backyard the other day. We do love the critters and loved hearing about the ones you observed. The twin baby moose were adorable if moose can be adorable. Have a great summer.
5th June 2017

Buffalo chips and gold nuggets
Okay it seems you guys did about every thing on this trip except have a camp fire with dried buffalo patties and find gold nuggets in the streams along the way. Maybe you can do those two things on your next trip.
5th June 2017

Buffalo Chips
We did have a campfire with moose droppings, but didn't think it was appropriate for the blog. (just kidding)
5th June 2017

Alaska vacation
We enjoyed reading your blog each night. What a wonderful trip to a beautiful part of the country. Glad to know you have returned home safely. Regards, Lisa and Ed Cardoza (friends of John and Diane)
5th June 2017

So enjoyed these blogs. Will miss them. Feel free to continue in New Hampshire. Looking forward to hearing more in person this fall. Love Ann and phil

Tot: 0.332s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb