Day 11 - Tues 20 Sep - Off to White Mountains


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Hampshire » North Conway
September 20th 2016
Published: September 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.0536, -71.1289

After we packed up we headed down the cost and stopped at Goose Rocks Beach which was rocky and interesting as the mist was rolling back in again. We kept heading South and saw some beautiful houses and beach at Marshall Point.

Headed onto Kennebunkport which again was another cute little harbour with little shops and lots of boats, not that our GPS could get us there. They are starting to set up for Halloween as all the businesses get involved and have started preparing their displays. We were keen to continue heading South to Ogunquit and Portsmouth but we still had a 2 hour drive ahead to the White Mountains. So off we went.

Maine was in all as pretty as a picture. The houses are generally large and beautifully maintained with manicured lawns and no fences anywhere. They just use thick lush trees and plants to screen their houses. Never seen a place so pretty. In hindsight, would have stayed a week and travelled further.

White Mountains were still lovely but far more rugged. We stayed in North Conway which is very spread out but our resort was fabulous and we had a loft room which was absolutely huge, and they included breakfast which was a bonus as we haven't had a cooked breakfast since we've been here. Beautiful views to the mountains and there seems to be a little more colour in the trees here. Still having magnificent weather!

Kids loving it here, had a swim and played mini golf. Off for dinner at 99 restaurant and prices are now much cheaper than New York City with dinner costing less than $50US.








Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb