Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada
August 22nd 2006
Published: August 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bellagio FountainsBellagio FountainsBellagio Fountains

We enjoyed the magical display of the fountains to the music of Celine Dion

Day 18 - August 22, 2006


We took it easy in the morning, and then went to the Monte Carlo to purchase tickets for Lance Burton. We also ate lunch there at the Monte Carlo Pub & Brewery. They are famous for their 3-ft-tall glasses of beer. The food was good, if expensive. (Vegas is very expensive, but the buffets can be a good deal).

The casinos are amazing. There are probably thousands of slot machines in every casino (and that’s not even an exaggeration!) The power consumed by the casinos could probably power several small states for a year. Smoking is allowed everywhere, unlike CA where it has been banned everywhere. It is interesting to see all the lights and casino attractions, but this is not a first-level, second-level, or third-level vacation destination choice for us.

Austin, Krysten, Scott, and I went for a swim. What a relief from the heat (only around 110 degrees today!) Robert declared that we were too embarrassing to be around, so he stayed in the 80+ degree heat of the RV. Poor him. (He really just wanted to play PS/2.)

We went to the Circus Circus buffet, which was NOT very good at all.

Lance Burton was terrific. (Of course he should be at $70 a pop.) Robert, of course, liked his special guest act Michael Goodeau (a juggler) better. We all had a good time. Austin is practicing his card tricks already. We went to see the Bellagio Fountains. They are fun to watch, but the real reason so many people stop to watch is because the water gives off cooling breezes. If you’re lucky, you’ll even get a little wet. Las Vegas is so dry that it takes no time at all to dry wet towels, swimsuits, hair, etc. (Which is why Austin had a MASSIVE nosebleed.)

We readied the RV for travel.

Myth Busted: It doesn’t matter if it’s dry heat, anything above 100 degrees is TOO HOT!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

New York, New YorkNew York, New York
New York, New York

One of the casinos on the strip


Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb