Day 19 - The Great Salt Lake Desert & Reno, NV


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Reno
July 1st 2010
Published: July 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Good Morning July !! I can't believe it's already July..ugh...that means my BIG birthday is just around the corner and I am NOT looking forward to that !! We ended up doing lots of fun stuff yesterday and we were gonna have lots of time today to rest and relax because we had to drive about 8 hours to get to Reno. We rested really good last night thank goodness because the drive across the Great Salt Lake Desert proved to be brutal for both of us. The wind was blowing about 30-40 miles per hour the entire drive and it was just awful. I was getting motion sickness from all the swaying and Tim's poor shoulders and arms were killing him. During our drive across Utah we passed the Morton Salt Company and I got a couple of great pictures from the road. We got to see huge mounds of salt that looked like snow from where we were standing, it was pretty cool. Lord, I didn't think we were ever going to make it to Reno, Nevada but we did eventually get there and none too soon. Poor Tim was so exhausted so he suggested we get a room at Harrah's and just stay there for the night. Of course I didn't argue with him because I knew that meant room service and massages so I was a happy camper, literally ! :-) I called Harrah's and they were all too pleased to comp us a fabulous suite so we found a parking lot for the motorhome and off we went through downtown Reno. We packed my cute little Vera Bradley bag and walked about 8 blocks to the entrace of the casino. Once we made it to our room, we just collapsed onto the bed. All I could think about was that long hot shower I was going to take in the morning and how wonderful it was going to feel to sleep on that incrediblely fluffy down comforter. All Tim could think about was that awesome massage he's been needing for days now and getting downstairs and checking out the blackjack tables. We rested for a while and then enjoyed a fabulous dinner before heading downstairs to try our luck at gambling. I had the most wonderful bone-in ribeye with a lobster tail you have ever tasted in your life and Tim feasted on the veal marsala (yuck). The next thing I know I'm putting money in a $5.00 Wheel Of Fortune machine and spinning the wheel. Of course Tim was at the table games trying his luck at three card poker, craps and blackjack. Overall, we did good, we won a little money and we were happy. Once again we were both so worn out from the drive we just couldn't keep our eyes open so we called it a night and headed up to the room. Our fabulous room was ice cold just like we like it so we snuggled under the warm blankie and were off to sleep. I can't wait to take a LONG HOT shower in the morning. Night night ! :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb