On the interstate to my riches


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Reno
July 25th 2008
Published: July 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On the way to RenoOn the way to RenoOn the way to Reno

Yep more mountains, at least these ones aren't on fire.
As I had to return the rental to Salt Lake City I got away from my sisters place about lunch time (she also had to go to work) and made my way over the Sierra Nevadas to Reno where I planned on staying for the night.
And as it has a bunch of casinos there I thought it would be a good place to make my riches, just like everybody else.
Except for 2 small problems, I can't afford to give lots of money to the casinos and I have a very short attention span with casinos.
Reno is a bit like a small version of Las Vegas, flashy city centre and crappy everything else.
Like las Vegas it attracts the rich and the poor who want to be rich.
It seems to to have an over representation of the poor, dirty, drunk, lazy, addicted (to anything they can get their hands on) "shabby" people who are attracted to the bright lights hope for their riches to fall out of the sky.
And the normal folk just there for a good time.
So upon finding a suitable cheep hotel (having abandoned the tent at my sisters, and now traveling lite) I
Circus circusCircus circusCircus circus

Appropiate really, there to make clowns of us all, if we dare to enter.
made my way into the centre of town.
Parking is easy and free at the casinos who want you to go to them, and into Circus circus I went with my vast gambling budget of $10 in hand.
I has never ceased to amaze (and discust) me how many people you see at casinos just sitting at machines shoving more and more money into them.
And for the most part they all look so unhappy.
But just keep doing it.
Anyway with all the glee I could muster I carfully chose a maching that looked like it matched my budget (5c as spin) and proceeded to exercise my index finger.
Rather than just eating my money and sending me on my way the machine was playing hard to get and kept me strung along by taking some money then giving me a bit back.
After cloose to and hour of this and my attention span well and truly exhausted i was just hoping the maching would just take my money and let me go.
But a couple of wins close together inspired my to take my money and run.
Amazingly making a profit of a whole 80cents!!
Before leaving I checked out upstairs and the whole next floor is set up like a fairground with all the usual side shows to take your money and the trapese and all.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb