Red Rock Canyon and Bonnie Spring 'wild west' Resort!!


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 2nd August
Saturday brought more lovely weather, and Amy thought it would be good to combine seeing Richard off to the airport with a convenient detour to the outlet malls! Surprise, surprise!

After seeing Richard off to the airport we looked at the map and decided to head for the Red Rock Canyon, 30 mins outside of Vegas. It was still mega hot when we arrived, so just a short walk was in order, but it was still worth it as we saw a sunbathing lizard and some beautiful rock formations. Next was the task of finding somewhere to stay. We lucked out with an old ranch style motel with a lot more to offer than just a room!! We had a very rustic traditional dinner in the ranch restaurant, before heading to the laundry for washing as well as more trip planning.
Just a side note to mention, the car we were supposed to hire, a Chrysler cruiser (cheaper, less gas guzzling, and way less fun) has now been spotted a mere 42 times since we left the airport!! The Vegas car rentals must have got a box lot but we were the only tourists (or suckers) to have gone for the upgrade to an SUV!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb