Wine Tasting and a Brothel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Pahrump
July 5th 2015
Published: July 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It was a lovely Sunday afternoon for a ladies' day out.




My two good friends and little sister joined me for a tour of Pahrump's finest establishments. Pahrump is a little town about an hour outside of Las Vegas, inconsequential to those who have never heard of it. But two of Nevada's four wineries are located there, and offer free tastings.



Upon arrival in town, we set out for lunch and found our way to a sports bar on the outskirts of town. The menu offered the basics - burgers, sandwiches, pasta for the hearty folk - but the allure was focused on the employees. The ranch employees, that is. Yes, we were dining at one of Nevada's brothels. Sheri's Ranch offers hotel lodging (no services), a sports bar, and a really good time for those seeking it. After lunch we were led by one of the lovely ladies on a tour of the building, which included specialty rooms for every fantasy. The tour climax (pun intended) was the ranch's S&M room, which apparently gets booked for everything from private sessions to bachelorette parties. Even the local Red Hat Society ladies hold socials here. By the time we left, the bar was packed with young men and their prospective dates for the afternoon. It was also imperative we stopped at the Chicken Ranch next door. Yes, the same Chicken Ranch that Dolly Parton and Burt Reynolds made famous in "The Best Little Whore House in Texas." We took photos outside, but had to pass through a security door to get into the bar area. I guess they keep their girls on a strict lock down. But we came away with some free souvenir pens.



Our first wine tasting stop was Sanders Winery. For a time we were the only patrons there, which was absolutely fantastic. The Burgandy wine was my favorite. The hostess made a bubbly drink for us to enjoy while we sat around a large table and chatted about anything and everything. The main attraction was Pahrump Winery, which was more established. They offered a free tour of the facilities with little trivia tidbits about the area. I bought a bottle of the Symphony wine to split among the group and we sat in the lounge and chatted some more. It was the most delightful day out, and I am sure my lady friends will join me on this adventure again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb