Vegas and Home


Advertisement
Published: April 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Las Vegas – USA



Mon 26th March



Well here we are at our final destination, Las Vegas in Nevada, USA. We had a quick flight flight from LAX into McCarran Airport and transferred to the Imperial Palace Hotel via the Shuttle service. Checked in to the room which was positioned overlooking the strip but unfortunately just above a 24hr noisy night club. Decided instantly to change rooms and upgraded to a suit at the rear of the complex. Cost us a little more but worth it for the peace and quiet. Rather an unusual room with mirrors on the ceiling above the bed and an enormous bath tub in the bedroom, also with mirrors above it! Make of that what you wish!



Spent the evening walking parts of the strip and sightseeing before turning in to view the mirror.



Tuesday 27th



Up late this morning and again spent the day hiking up and down the strip looking at the different hotels and eating fast food at Planet Hollywood.



Wednesday 28th



Up even later today, this time caught the bus to the South Retail Outlet and the Town Square Outlets to do some essential souvenir shopping then back to the room for a late afternoon snooze before venturing out with a fistful of dollars to try our luck on a Roulette Table. Our luck and our $50.00 lasted approx 20 minutes and before we were tempted to have another punt we scarpered.



Thursday 29th



This morning was spent doing a little more shopping and chilling by the hotel pool. This evening will be a final walk along the strip to see the Bellagio fountains after dark and if there is any cash in the kitty a final go on the Roulette Table.



Fri 30th March



Awake and up at 07.15 and ready to leave the Imperial Hotel at nine. Just before leaving i did a sweep of the room collecting any precious i could lay my hands on. Took a cab to McCarron Airport and on arriving discovered we were not due to fly until 13.15 so we were in for a bit of wait. Whiled away the time on the net and mooching around the shops.



Eventually got away on time and arrived at LAX 48 minutes later. Spent some of the flight chatting to a young American lad who is away on a Baseball weekend.



After a little searching we found the Virgin Atlantic check in and parted with our heavy bags. Just prior to this i found my back had sprung a leak, half a bottle of mouth wash had emptied itself over my clothes. For all Virgins glossy advertisements on TV i didn’t think much of the check in arrangements, slow, slow, slow, and the girls are not anything like the ones on the telly! Feeling very disillusioned.



At last, made it through the many check points and settled down for a final fast food snack while waiting for boarding call.



Well i guess this is nearly the end of our little adventure, only the width of the USA and Atlantic to go and we touchdown in good old blighty and back to reality. There is no doubt we shall do something similar again, definitely New Zealand and Thailand but i really do fancy S. America, maybe Chile, who knows. In the mean time its back to work, save up and make some plans. As we have discovered, there is a big wide world out just waiting for us to arrive and explore.



Until next time,



Best wishes and thanks for reading the blog.



All the best, Jon and Sue


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb