The Eraser


Advertisement
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 17th 2009
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.0846, -115.172Got a call from Justin at 9:30, saying that my help was needed - I was intrigued ... a quick shower and up to their room to finalize some details for today, John's official stag day! We spent some time combining our creative talents, but became quite famished after all of our creative juices were drained. Off to the Venetian for some grub. We wandered around the Grand C... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

zzgzzg
zzg

Hall of mirrors - if you look closely, you can see the reflections of dozens of Playboy Bunnies. It's embarrassment times a thousand!
zzhzzh
zzh

By this point, John had finally bought into the whole idea of public ridicule.
zzzszzzs
zzzs

Sexy! With this outfit, we think John could try out for a role in a Cirque du Soleil production.
zzizzi
zzi

By now, John was fully into magazine model mode, and he OWNED the camera.
zzjzzj
zzj

Inside of Bellagio - nothing too exciting.
zzkzzk
zzk

The Bellagio's garden - Justin and John commiserated over their pain, as so far they are the only two in this group to feel the full pain of an embarrassing stag celebration.
zzlzzl
zzl

One more shot of the boys. Don't you love how John is flashing his sexy legs?
zzmzzm
zzm

Checking out the sales centre for the new City Center residential development on the strip. I can see why the other guys might be interested, but why does the Easter Bunny want to buy a condo in Vegas?
zzqzzq
zzq

We ran into the girls that had earlier stuffed dollar bills down John's skirt.
zz
z

This was a far tamer version, but the Strip is notorious for guys handing out calling cards for escorts. Justin originally planned on making up some of these cards using John's picture, and making him hand them out to tourists. Brilliant! But he never did, because he came up with something even more brilliant ...
zzrzzr
zzr

... Justin bought a deck of adult-themed (i.e. - full frontal male) playing cards, and made John hand them out. Check out the expression on John's face when he realized what they were! The worst part? Remember the earlier picture of Justin writing something? Well, we put personalized messages on John's cards. Highlights included: - Inspired by the Sham Wow craze: "John Wow, call me now!"' - "I'm a Canadian Cowboy! Wanna climb Brokeback Mountain with me?" - "Johnny V - the 'V' is for Viagra" - Inspired by a leather theme in a particular photo: " I wanne be your biker b*tch" - Inspired by a baseball themed card: "When I play baseball, I swing my bat both ways." - Inspired by John's delivery boy side job "Johnny V - 30 minutes or it's free!" There were others, but they really aren't suitable for public discussion ...
zzszzs
zzs

This big dude walked by, took one look at John, laughed, and then asked me to take a photo of the two of them. We were quite concerned when John handed him one of the cards, as we didn't know how he would react. He laughed his @ss off! Good thing, because if he got pissed off and attacked John, the remaining 6 of us would've tried to help, but likely a dude this size would've just snapped us all in half, like chopsticks!
zztzzt
zzt

The guy asked John out on a date, but luckily John declined, as this photo suggests it would've been an abusive relationship.
zzwzzw
zzw

Behind John are some of the regular guys that hand out the cards; they couldn't stop laughing at John, but were kind enough to give him tips on how to flick the cards to get attention. Not like he needed any MORE attention, but it was still a nice gesture.
zzzazzza
zzza

Waterfall at the Wynn - just a friggin' concrete slab!
zzzuzzzu
zzzu

Yes, it is quite bizarre that I've taken a photo of a urinal. Honestly, not much else in Vegas was all that impressive, but this WAS!!! They had these special anti-splash pads, keeping you from making a mess on yourself and your shows. Every urinal needs this!
zzzzmzzzzm
zzzzm

Cool atrium inside of the Wynn.
zzzezzze
zzze

Dinner at Spago's. Too bad the gorgeous hostess isn't in the shot., but at least John showed up - we were worried that he'd ditch, because his phone had been ringing off the hook since he handed out his Johnny V cards earlier on the Strip!
zzzfzzzf
zzzf

We started off with a selection of bread and crackers, served with a light, roasted red-pepper flavoured cream cheese. The bread was alright, but hopefully the meals are better.
zzzgzzzg
zzzg

My entree was an incredibly succulent and flavourful beef shortrib. All the fat had dissolved into the meat, making it juicy and so tender, that almost the weight of the fork alone was enough to cut through it meat. Some more veggies in addition to just a few strands of pea shoots would have been nice. One of the main reasons I opted for this dish was the ricotta gnocchi - if you're ever been to Capo in Calgary, you might have tried their amazing ricotta gnocchi in a lobster Americaine sauce. Not normally a big fan of gnocchi because of it's doughiness, Capo's are perfect, because they are relatively tiny, and the ricotta seems to help avoid the doughy texture. Anyway, Spago's gnocchi was pretty average - big and doughy, exactly what I don't normally like about it :( But still, an excellent dish, as the shortrib was just that good. Everybody else seemed to enjoy their meals which was good, because after the meal, things would soon go downhill at Lavo :(
zzzhzzzh
zzzh

15-layer carrot cake - thin layers of carrot cake, spliced with even-thinner layers of cream cheese icing. The candied nuts were a nice touch, but the cake itself was a little too sweet. A nice cappuccino helped take the sweet edge off of the cake.



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb