Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
February 2nd 2016
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Golf CourseGolf CourseGolf Course

A past LPGA and PGA venue. For USD88 we were met in the carpark, range balls, spring water, moistened towels, clubs wiped down and ferried back to the carpark. Haven't had that service anywhere in Oz.
Geo: 36.1074, -115.161

Uneventful 4.5hr drive to LV yesterday, although we were surprised to find snow along the roadside above 4,000 ft. Snow and cacti just don't seem to go together!

We met up with Dwayne and Jo yesterday and Rob and Shirley arrive this afternoon from Yuma. The draft agenda is golf/shopping today (Tue) , shows tonight and tomorrow night, golf/shopping again tomorrow, then a Grand Canyon visit on Thursday. I hope I don't freeze at golf!

Dwayne and I played golf at the Las Vegas National Golf Course. We enjoyed the course but played poorly. Rob and Jo went to the Outlet Centre.

In the late afternoon we all met up for drinks at Harrahs and then went in to The Million Dollar Quartet show - about the time Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins (Blue Suede Shoes), Jerry Le Lewis and Johnny Cash played together. A good show with a story and lots of 50s songs. Dwayne and Jo went back to the hotel and we had a fine ribs dinner with Rob and Shirley and caught up on old times (as best we could with the band blasting).


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.1kb