Vegas Baby


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
November 30th 2014
Published: March 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

I grew up in the country, where everyone had 30 acres, a pond, and a garden. I never really had an interest in seeing Las Vegas, but since we were driving through, we might as well right?



First we stopped at the Hover Dam, which was pretty impressive. It was also really windy. If you ever drive that way, stop at all the scenic spots, and enjoy the breeze. We stopped at one before the dam, and couldn't even set up a camera on a tripod, it was so windy. It's nice and warm though, so it feels good.



While in Vegas, we stayed at the Luxor. Were not much into gambling, so we only played one machine- the one with the husky, since we own 3 of them. We were pretty astonished by the elevator. It's a bit rickety, but it does go up at an angle, which is impressive. The hotels there are so cheap, bc they expect you to blow a ton of money gambling. We also had a lot of fun crawling all over the statues like children, giggling and running away when staff would come around.



We did the gondola ride, which is really expensive for what it is. If you are going for a nice picture, and you decide to share the boat with another couple, try to get a seat on the same side as the guy who rows and sings. It makes for a much nicer picture. I actually really wanted one, so after the ride, I asked to get back in the boat to have it taken. LOL



I'm obsessed with mms, so naturally i went to that store and bought some customized ones. We also went to the coke store and got our picture taken with the stupid polar bear. We looked at a lot of stuff, walked around a ton, and enjoyed some good Italian food near the fake Eiffel tower.



Vegas may be a huge party city, but its a nice experience, even if you aren't one for parties. I highly suggest everyone visits it, at some point in their life. Just be prepared for a lot of homeless people asking for money, and a lot of people trying to sell escort services.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb