Viva Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 22nd 2006
Published: September 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ExcaliburExcaliburExcalibur

The glow of the Magic Kingdom. No, not Disney!
Sin City. And so it is. Every thing is big, too bright and excessive.

After the laidback cruise we were ready for some action but somehow watching episodes of CSI just doesn't prepare you for the hustle & bustle of LV.

We checked in to the Flamingo and head out to explore. It probably took us 3 hours to walk down 2 blocks on the Strip because we kept getting sidetracked in the casinos. We wandered into Paris, watched the fountains at Bellagio, hassled by time-share sales people, and won free decks of cards at the Tropicana.

The next day we went for a late lunch at the Bellagio buffet. That buffet was amazing! Not only was there a huge selection but the quality was very high as well. We lingered over our first plates because a friend had told us that they flipped from lunch to dinner at 4:30, so we delayed and got to enjoy the crab legs. Yummy!

That night we saw "O" and it was really amazing. Think trapeze artist combined with Olympic diving and synchronized swimming. This was actually the only show we paid for during this trip.

The next afternoon
FlamingosFlamingosFlamingos

There really are flamingos at the Flamingo!
we went and saw "Dirk Arthur Xtreme Magic". R had won tickets by playing the Tropicana's free slot machine. It fun and there were big kitties on the stage. After the show, we were wandering back up the strip trying to plan the evening. We hadn't seen any show girls so were were contemplating getting tickets to another show. As it happened we stopped into the Aladdin to play their free slot machine, and wadda ya know, R wins a pair of tickets to see "V". So our plans for that night were set. "V" turned out to be a variety show with people that had appeared with Leno and stuff like "America has Talent". It turned out to really good and a great 2 hours.

The rest of the time we tried to see some of the other free stuff on the Strip. We missed out on the Treasure Island show because of high winds. Maybe next time. I did find some penny slots and 25 cent blackjack games that I liked. Over all we didn't do badly - didn't make any money but somehow we gambled, ate, saw shows and I still had $100 when we got
WynnWynnWynn

We wandered in the absolute luxury of the new Wynn hotel. A section of the walkway had this huge flower balls hanging from the trees.
to the airport.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Venitian PerformersVenitian Performers
Venitian Performers

We got to watch Venitian performers in traditional costumes at the Venitian.
ParisParis
Paris

The only place were you can see the Effiel Tower and New York at the same time.
Vegas at NightVegas at Night
Vegas at Night

It's never dark in Vegas


30th September 2006

Vegas can wait too...
The lights can be dazzling, flower balls very attractive but the single wild columbine in the Whistler hillside is more lovely.Glad to know you had a lovely time

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb